- Fix it and forget it! I put it in at noon and didn't have to bother with it the rest of the day.
- No defrosting. I put the chicken in the crockpot straight-up frozen.
- Only 6 ingredients. And that's including the chicken.
- So, so scrumptiously tender! Seriously, this chicken flaked like salmon when you poked it with a fork.
- My house smelled like barbecue all day. Um, yes please.
|Yet another awful picture. My apologies.|
Just a few comments about the meal:
We actually used chicken tenderloins instead of chicken breasts because that's what we had on hand. If you do this, you'll want to reduce the cooking time just a little bit to prevent the meat from drying out. And if you make yours from frozen chicken like we did, you'll want to add 1 cup of warm water to prevent sudden changes in temperature that could make your Crockpot crack. Don't worry--the water cooks out.
As far as the recipe itself goes, we didn't care for the vinegar. It wasn't bad if you like your barbecue sauce kind of tangy. We just prefer ours a little sweeter. And, honestly, I think you could probably just put plain ol' barbecue sauce with nothing else and it would still be delicious!
We'll definitely be making this again. :)
I hope you enjoyed a marvelous dinner with your family. Thanks for reading!